charlestonsky

whoa nelly, that's some wind

Some little squall came up out of the tropics and gave us a good pounding last night. As with every storm that's hit us lately, I was a little worried about the boat--and for good reason. The winds were coming from the north all night. Winds out of the north leave all the boats relatively unprotected.

I got a call from my friend, Will this afternoon. "Josh, I think I see your boat in a marsh. If you need a tug, we can get my boat and pull it out tomorrow."

"Not again," I thought as I found my keys and walked out the door.

Amber came too, and we drove down to survey the damage. On the way there, we saw Palms broken in half and tree limbs littered the road. Surveying from the James Island connector, we saw several boats washed up high on the southern shore, but mine wasn't one of them. There were big boats and small boats alike pushed up into the grass and trees. But my prodigal boat stayed true: it was bobbing in the current just like it should. We turned around to get another look at the damage. There was a boat that looked just like mine, and it was sitting way out in the marsh. That must have been some tide last night. I hope they've got a good shovel.

Pictures to come later.

 

posted by Josh M on 3:08 PM

0 comments:

Search