charlestonsky

Shortly after the end of the Civil War a Georgia pharmacist named Pemberton invented a carbonated concoction in his back yard.

Somwhere along the way, Coca Cola marketed itself with the phrase: "Nothin' like the real thing." Or is that a clause?

Anyhow, there really ain't nothing like the real thing. I got by during my Harding years on cheap Sam's Cola and various other bottom of the barrel knockoffs. But fake coke has now taken a back seat to the real stuff because the real stuff tastes better.

Amber and I went to the Mt. Pleasant La Hacienda today and splurged on some caffeinated goodness--but it just didn't taste right. After sipping down a full glass (and making a sour face after each sip and slurp) I finally pinned down what it was that I was choking down through a plastic straw--Cheap coke knock-off.

I'm through with La Ha...

 

posted by Josh M on 5:35 PM

1 comments:

Luke Dockery said...

I absolutely know what you mean. My first year at HU I got by with Sam's Cola, and after that I decided that I'd cut expenses somewhere else and go with the Real Thing.

Did you know they have Coke products on campus now? Jerks.

On another note, I noticed that you are linking to my blog as the "Houston Nutt Fan Club". That cracks me up, well done.

Search