charlestonsky

The Roundup

This post should have been divided and written in daily installments. Instead, here's the lowdown.

Amber and I are beginning our sixth month of marriage. I like to tease her by saying that nobody else could possibly make six months feel more like six years.

We've been a busy pair of bees these past few months. She balances teaching bratty runts, while I play at school with teeth and (mostly) nice people.

Papa and Mimi flew in and spent the weekend before Thanksgiving with us. We mostly poked around downtown. Mimi marveled at the flowers in planters on Rainbow Row. Papa seemed impressed with the architecture. He even went into an art gallery. I regret not taking them to one of the plantations for a look-see. Maybe we can talk them into flying to Savannah some day for a tour down there. I like the turret porches and Queen Anne style better than the Charleston style anyhow. Thanks for coming, ya'll.



Then we were off to Nashvegas for some fun times with the inlaws, good food, football, mongolian barbecue, and an introduction to the "grandpuppy." Amber's only response to such a brash (but creative) message was to a remark about how we hope that the grandpuppy holds them over. Otherwise, we might need to borrow a neice for a day or two. There aren't really any other solutions that I can imagine. It looks like a cross between a Mogwai (remember Gremlins?) and a gerbil anyhow.


Amber's birthday was the 27th. I went back to East Bay street and "acquired" some of those flowers that impressed Mimi.

This is finals week. Two down, two to go. I'm looking forward to Christmas break.

I'll probably head to North Augusta on Sunday and hang out with Mom, Dad, and the kiddos until Amber begins Christmas break on th 18th. Maybe we'll get to see Jaime and the melanin challenged kiddos as well.

Then we're off to Texas for some time with my end of the family. That's all I got to say about that.

 

posted by Josh M on 11:51 PM

1 comments:

Philip said...

The albinos may arrive late Sunday night.

Just thought I'd let you know... I asked Allyson. Who's your favorite uncle? She said.. Uncle Josh. I asked why, and she said, "because he buys me jelly beans and he gave me my jelly bean pillow."

Just by happenstance, Paul bought Julia the world's largest bag of M&Ms for Christmas. Coincidence? I think not. Those two are like two peas in a pod.

It's amazing how far a bag of jelly beans, a hug, and/or a $25 bouquet of flowers can go.

Search