charlestonsky

How to get out of wedding planning:

Feign incompetence. Ok, well I tried...

Wedding planning is tons of work. It mostly involves aesthetics and people's feelings--two areas where I am wholly incompetent.

I hear it's also important to pay attention to details. Amber and I were making invitations this weekend, and I decided to try helping. I have a feeling that she'll prefer to take care of things on her own more now... at least that was the plan.

 

posted by Josh M on 6:31 PM

8 comments:

Paulo J said...

any why shouldn't they request the honor of presents? i mean, you can't furnish a whole household all on your own. a brotha's gotta have some help.

Philip said...

I don't see the problem. Did you forget to put Amber's last name? just kidding of course.

Good thing you remembered to put mom and dad's name on the invite. They got kind of upset when I left their name off of ours.

MSS said...

Let me take a guess and say that the Murphy boys probably never won the spelling bee in elementary school.

renee said...

For southern boys - I guess they skipped "social" too.

Josh M said...

Though we may not spel very welll, we do have our irresistible charm, improper as it may be...

Paul Murphy said...

I assume the end says "a @#$%&"

Luke Dockery said...

Josh,

Constant reinforcement of the fact that you are absolutely clueless and incompetent when it comes to planning DOES WORK TO SOME DEGREE.

I can't emphasize how important this is.

Paulo J said...

just wait for the day when you have assistants to do everything for you & still get paid the big bucks.

Search