charlestonsky

MIA

Have you ever sat back and wondered if something special was just sailing away while you were busy meeting life's demands?

I expect everybody has felt that way. And it appears that something special actually did sail away while I was busy Tuesday afternoon. Because sometime between Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning at 8, somebody sailed away in my sailboat. I didn't believe it at first, but it appears that I now have a wonderful view of some empty water with no sailboat sitting in it.

I'm not asking the question, "Why me?" so much as I wonder, "Why my boat?" For the same reason that I always try to park next to the most expensive car in the parking lot, my little boat was surrounded by much nicer boats with lots of cool gadgets. Why wouldn't somebody take a boat that's worth a little more?

It's still conceivable that it drifted away on it's own, or even sunk in 15 feet of water. I'll have to check the sinking hypothesis when it's not 45 degrees and raining.

Until then, if anybody happens to see an Edward Teach wannabe trying to blockade the harbor with a mid-70s Catalina, please tell him that I want my boat back.

 

posted by Josh M on 10:52 PM

2 comments:

John, the other uncle said...

Dude, you were just telling me the other day how you wanted to get rid of that thing. I guess God was listening.

Philip said...

Har matey. Another landlubber has succumbed to our Jolly Roger. We'll stow the booty in some marsh so that later, we can bury the secret treasure.

Sorry about your loss. I'd be ready to bust some pirate rear. My bet is that she floated away and someone has picked her up for safety's sake. Somebody is probably holding her for safe keeping.

Search