charlestonsky

Extraordinary

There are two ways to make the national news. Either do something extraordinary, or do something extraordinarily stupid.

Today, I'd like to recognize two extraordinarily stupid events.

  1. Alabama football snobs have fired a solid head coach. No props for the big red algae on this one. Shula brought some respectability back to Alabama, and they're embarrassing themselves by firing him. I hear that they're supposed to be good next year, but I'll be rooting against them.

  2. South Carolina's finest have hit the headlines because some redneck shot his friend over a $20 bet. Congratulations, you're retarded.
And I'd like to recognize two extraordinary events that probably won't make national headlines:
  1. Torrence Tank Daniels, the only player from Harding University to play in the NFL, made a great tackle on special teams for the Eagles last night. I'm sorry I missed the game. But at a time when the Eagles fans are throwing in the towel, I've decided I have a new favorite team. I'm happy to see such a good guy from a great school play so well. Congrats to Tank and Courtney.

  2. Happy Birthday to Amber! My favorite girlfriend, partner in crime, and ice cream eating champion turns twenty-something today.

 

posted by Josh M on 1:49 PM under ,

2 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks!!! :)

And, to make your day even better, I became a confirmed USC (NOT Alabama) fan today when McElroy told me the news. I took a moment in the mailroom to pitch a fit and pout before I decided that any team that stupid wasn't good enough for me! :)

Philip said...

Tell Amber I'm sorry about her recent "confirmation" to USC. Does this mean I should buy her a hankerchief and a stress ball for Christmas presents?

Search